Monday, March 27, 2006

Striped Wooly

Quick and easy to knit up in seedstitch. My first pom pom is on it (a little wonky, but good enough to hide the hole at the top...) I came up with the pattern as I went along. You can just make out the slightly rolled rim. It took a couple of tries before I found the stitch pattern that I wanted - something stretchy, that would show up with a subtle textural pattern, and NO GAPS. What's the point of a hole-filled winter hat, after all?? What's really special about this hat is the lovely, chemical-free and environmentally-friendly Green Mountain Spinnery yarn that was used. Their Green Mountain Green is 40% kid mohair, and 60% fine wool, which makes a very soft, warm, and stretchy hat that doesn't bind. The color is all-natural. It was a joy to work with the yarn - so much that I bought two more skeins to make something for myself!

--
Posted by MooCow to Bumbling Bees - Girls with Purls at 3/27/2006 08:11:00 PM

1 comment:

Kea said...

Seed stitch, eh? I think I'll go look that one up.