Monday, February 12, 2007

Chipping at the Stash

I catalogued all the yarns in my stash yesterday. I didn't think I had that much, but a little tucked away here, a little tucked away there....... Suffice it to say, I'm feeling more than a little guilty. I should be using this stuff!

Well, it seems I've suspected that I should be feeling guilty for a while, because I bought a pattern from The Lansingburgh Yarn Depot the other day, since I thought my stash of Lion Brand Kool Wool would knit to the correct gauge. Last night, I knit a gauge swatch from a ball left over from the first Blackberry I'd made, (Procrastinate? Who, me?) and the gauge I got was close enough. I think I'm going to proceed.

The question is, which colour should I make? A deep, wine red? Or black? Well, chances are I'll probably be knitting two - one in each colour - to use up all the Kool Wool I grabbed at the Smiley's yarn sale in Manhattan last year. I guess the real question is: What colour would you like, Moocow?


I won't be starting right away. I do really have work to do. And I have a couple of projects that are in the finishing stages (being sewn up) that I really should complete first. I'll have pictures of my WIPs next time.

No comments: