Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bayerische Sock Finally Finished!

First of all, allow me to comment upon the difficulty of taking a good photograph of a sock that you are wearing on your own foot. It is impossible to get the angle quite right.

But I have finally, finally finished this second sock of the second pair that I knit for my Sockapalooza 4 pal, Dawn, who has been incredibly patient. I finished it over President's Day weekend. Back in August, I sent her a pair of summery socks and the first of this pair of Bayerische socks, with an IOU for the other one. I was so sure that I would have this second sock finished in time for cold-weather wearing.
Although it is still cold and snowing here in Albany (it's really been coming down for the past two days), however, my roommate (who is from Texas, where Dawn is) tells me that winter is over down south, and Texans have been enjoying 80-degree weather. Bummer, on two counts.
I love how these socks have turned out, even though they took me forever to finish. I don't know if I'll ever knit them again, though, even if I would love a pair for myself. And there are so many other sock patterns out there that I want to try knitting, and so little time!

No comments: